WE’RE READY™ TO MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE
From the very start of our company’s origins, the Cintas business model has been based on sustainable practices. Our journey started in 1929 during the Great Depression when Doc and Amelia Farmer collected shop towels that had been disposed of by manufacturing facilities along the Ohio River. They washed, recycled and sold the clean towels back to companies.
Today, 79% of our total company revenue comes from our Uniform Rental and Facility Services business. All of these items are cleaned and processed in ways that extend their lifespan and, when not in use, are re‑stocked for future customers to maximize their lifespan. Our lasting commitment to the environment and our communities is evident from our processes and innovation, which ensure our rental facilities are operating efficiently. Our positive discontent drives us to do what is best for our employee-partners, shareholders, communities and the environment.
At Cintas, we aim to make a positive impact through our key environmental, social and governance (ESG) priorities:
- Our Positive Impact in 2020: Working to help make the world a better place.
- Energy and Emissions: Reducing our overall energy use, energy intensity and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
- Water: Minimizing freshwater withdrawals, reusing water and maintaining the quality of water we return to the environment.
- Safety and Health: Maintaining the safety and well-being of everyone who works at or visits our facilities.
- Sustainable Supply Chain: Protecting supply chain workers’ rights and sourcing responsibly.
- Governance, Ethics and Integrity: Doing business in an honest, professional and ethical way.