WE’RE READY™ TO MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE
From the very start of our company’s origins, the Cintas business model has been based on sustainable practices. Our journey started in 1929 during the Great Depression when Doc and Amelia Farmer collected shop towels that had been disposed of by manufacturing facilities along the Ohio River. They washed, recycled and sold the clean towels back to companies.
Today, 79% of our total company revenue comes from our Uniform Rental and Facility Services business. Most of these items are cleaned and processed in ways that extend their lifespan and, when not in use, are re‑stocked for future customers to maximize their lifespan. Our lasting commitment to the environment and our communities is evident from our processes and innovation, which ensure our rental facilities are operating efficiently. Our positive discontent drives us to do what is best for our employee-partners, shareholders, communities and the environment.
At Cintas, we aim to make a positive impact through our key environmental, social and governance (ESG) priorities:
- Safety and Health: Focused on continuing to meet the highest standards, we want every site to be injury-free, every partner to help improve safety and Cintas to be known as a global leader in safety and health.
- Energy and Emissions: Reducing our overall energy use, energy intensity and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
- Water: Minimizing freshwater withdrawals, reusing water and maintaining the quality of water we return to the environment.
- Sustainable Supply Chain: We are dedicated to maintaining an ethical supply chain, and require our vendors and contractors to conduct business in an ethical and moral manner.
- Governance, Ethics and Integrity: Doing business in an honest, professional and ethical way.
2020 GRI Index
As part of our company’s commitment to communicating progress on environmental, social and governance (ESG) topics, for the first time we are reporting publicly against a set of consolidated indicators. This GRI Index accompanies our 2020 ESG Report and references the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards as annotated throughout the document.